Everything you need to know about getting to the show, from travel and visas to metro timings and parking.
Arriving at Dubai Exhibition Centre, Expo 2020
Once in Dubai, travel is easy with the availability of various public transport options such as taxi, bus, Dubai Metro or private car services like Uber & Careem.
The Dubai Metro Red Line takes you from the city of Dubai to the entrance of Expo 2020. Metro stations have tactile paving to facilitate access for visually-impaired people. All stations on the Red and Green lines have wheelchair access either via step-free routes or lifts.
Dubai’s taxis and car hires are plentiful. Taxis can be booked by phone, but the simplest way is to download the Careem, Uber or S’hail app. Through the Careem app, you can also book ‘Hala Taxi’, which is Dubai’s most affordable taxi. There will be a starting flat fee of AED 20 for rides originating from the Expo site.
Private car services like Uber and Careem are both available all across the UAE. If you have either app on your smartphone you can use it in Dubai, otherwise, you can download either app from the Google Play or Apple store to your mobile device.
Parking is free of charge. Entry is from 08:30 to 23:00 Saturday to Wednesday, and 08:30 to 01:00 Thursday to Friday and special days.
Follow the signs to the Dubai Exhibition Centre parking zone (from the E311 Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road)
Standard parking shuttles will operate from all car parks ensuring that you don’t need to walk more than 600m from your vehicle to the gate. Shuttles will operate on a high-frequency basis while the parking zones are open.
There will be 580 Expo Rider buses operated by the Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA) free of charge for Expo 2020 visitors. Just remember where it drops you off as you’ll have to take the return trip from the same gate!
These buses have low floors and are capable of lowering to provide ramped access. Aisle widths enable a wheelchair to move down the bus and there are spaces for two wheelchairs. Bus stop announcements are made both visually and audibly in Arabic and English.
You can also pay to hop on any of RTA’s standard buses.
See where to catch the bus by downloading RTA's S’hail app
Frequently asked questions
Yes, event organisers can host all types of business events in Dubai in line with the approved precautionary measures.
For a one month trial period all attendees of specific events and activities such as concerts, gala dinners and award ceremonies will require Covid-19 vaccination, in addition to social celebrations taking place in registered venues including weddings, birthday parties, baby showers etc.
There are many events that are taking place for people to attend that do not require full vaccination, including Classical, Theatrical and Comedy shows in addition to all types of business events.
Yes, a negative PCR test result OR proof of vaccination is required for everyone prior to entering the Dubai Exhibition Centre.
Health and safety of our residents and visitors is always our utmost priority, therefore all tourist and residents are expected to comply with all precautionary measures while enjoying any of the attractions, events or activities offered in the city. This includes social distancing and wearing of masks.
There will be a full program of events, activities and retail activations for residents and visitors to attend, whilst following all precautionary guidelines and procedures. Please refer to www.visitdubai.com for details on Dubai Summer Surprises and other events.
PCR testing facility at Dubai Exhibition Centre, Expo 2020
Operator: G42 Biogenix Laboratory
Location: South Concourse
Timings: 7 days a week from 07:00 to 23:00 hours
Results: Digitally stamped and sent via email by request only
Services available and prices:
- RT-PCR: AED 100 - Test results forwarded via email available only upon request (within 12-16 hours) Test results are sent thru SMS and appears through ALHOSN app
- Rapid PCR: AED 350 - Test results forwarded via email available only upon request (within 5 hours). Test results are sent thru SMS and appears through ALHOSN app
- Express PCR: AED 500 - Test results forwarded via email availalbe only upon request (within 2 hours). Test results are sent thru SMS and appears thru ALHOSN app
- Lamp PCR: AED 300 - Test results forwarded via email available only upon request (within 2 hours). Test results are sent through SMS (This will not appear thru ALHOSN app)
Payment: Credit card ONLY, cash payment is not available.
Digital official receipts will be provided for any form of payment by request ONLY and sent through email. Otherwise receipts provided are a per POS machine on payment.
Registration: Visitors will be asked to present either an Emirates ID or a passport and fill their information before taking the test (clear digital copy is accepted). Verification of clients data will be done upon registration.
Test results inquiries: Reach out to the G42 Customer Service line only after expected turnaround time has lapsed.
800 Biolab (246522)
Appointment booking: Groups of 30 people and above will need prior booking by contacting:
Edgardo Escoto - 058-9550095
Carlito - 055-1311773
Your safety covered throughout your journey
Safety at the venue
COVID-19 safety measures and precautions
We want to make sure that your visit is enjoyable and safe. To ensure this, the venue has implemented a number of precautionary measures across the site:
- Thermal cameras at arrival points to check the temperature of visitors before entry to the site
- Visitors are required to wear face masks at all times
- Social-distancing regulations of at least two metres between people
- All venues and common areas are regularly cleaned and sanitised
- Hand-sanitiser stations are positioned at regular intervals throughout the site
- Appropriate facilities and specialist staff are available to manage any potential medical issues on site
Across the entire site you'll find:
- An abundance of hand-sanitising stations and washrooms
- Markings on the ground indicating the appropriate distance to keep, whether you are queuing, viewing exhibits and performances or enjoying our parks and recreational areas
- Dining areas with tables adequately distanced from one another and with the appropriate seating capacity
- Expo staff members who can assist you with your questions and guide you on our safety practices
- Medical clinics and facilities, in case you feel unwell
Things to do in Dubai
The landscape is such that in a single day you can experience everything from rugged mountain climate to the beauty of the rolling desert dunes, and from the vibrancy of green parkland to the sparkling turqouise waters of the Arabian gulf.
An unmissable experience for your taste buds awaits you with the vibrant dining scene in Dubai. Food connoisseurs can experience genuine Arabic hospitability and sample the best of local and international cuisine.
The options for sightseeing and activities in Dubai are vast and varied. Whether you’re into superstructures or desert dunes, there is something to keep you entertained.
If you like to shop you are in the right place! There are endless options depending on what you are looking for, however, for an impressive, all under 1 roof experience, a trip to the Dubai Mall is recommended. It is after all the biggest in the world. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, it probably doesn’t exist! You can reach the Dubai Mall from the Trade Center either by using the metro, or a short ride by taxi (approx. 3 Euro fee).
Some say that this city comes to life at night and there certainly is no shortage of options, ranging from intimate bars to unwind and chat to colleagues and new business contacts to energising clubs where you can really blow away the cobwebs!
- Visa Application Form (PDF, 1 MB)